About Me

My photo
This blog is my life, my memories, my story that last forever and always...

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day!!!

Happy 4th! Today my family went on a beautiful five mile hike to an incredible waterfall! We got up at 4:30 this morning because my brother in law was going to meet us at our house at five we got everything packed and ready to go. Joe showed up at about 5:30 and we took off for the hike it took us a while to find the actual trail head but we finally found it and we set off for the hike about 6:30. It took us FOREVER it was up hill the whole time and my little nephew Kaiden was with us and he was doing better then me! except at one point on the trail he did stop and say "i cant move any further!" and he just stood there but eventually he went on. through out the hike we would pass over part if the river and and the water would be going soooo fast! but the mist from the water felt soooo good. even at 7/8 in the morning it was hot and the mist felt good! We finally reached the top at about 8:30 it was amazing! the waterfall was HUGE!! It was so pretty me and my little brother christian went and stood by a tree that was pretty close to the waterfall and the water and the mist coming off the rocks soaked us! we were soo wet it was really cold. my whole family sat down for maybe about 20min a breakfast/lunch then we took off for the bottom to tell ya the truth it was harder going down then coming up, but my sister Haili and i took off we just wanted to be done we were singing songs on the way down it was fun. my little brother Christian caught up later we all made it down to the bottom by about 9:30 we just layed down on the grass a few minutes later Kaiden and my parents and Joe made it down as well we were soooo happy to be done! haha we all loaded in the car and headed to the house Joe dropped off the boys an we headed into the house and took a loooong nap we woke up from our amazing nap and headed over to kfc for lunch kaiden wanted to see his daddy. he was sooo excited to see him! it was sooo cute! After kaiden went home Haili and I went to tanner park and saved a spot to watch the fireworks. Eventually everyone came and we watched a fantastic firework show! that was such a great 4th of july!!

Starting the hike at 6:30 am.





Mom, Kaiden, and Haili hiking to the waterfall.
The Reservoir

SISTERS!

Hiking up the HUGE pile of rocks
We finally made it to the HUGE and AMAZING waterfall!

Christian and Stood but this tree and the waterfall soaked us!
Kaiden was a little tired on the way down so Joe was nice enough to give him a ride.
Mommy and Daddy
Me and my WONDERFUL mom.

Haili and mommy


Kaiden what a trooper!


We got bored on the way down so we put every flower we saw in Haili's hair

After the hike standing by the trail head, we were all soooo tired!
Kaiden and his Fantastic daddy! he loves him so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment